Mar 21, 2010

Work-out Program

At the beginning of September this year, I very enthusiastically started an exercise program at the college gym. All my life, I have always been physically active and I have always been involved in a number of sports. This time, I undertook a more intensive workout program. My main objective was to incorporate physical activity into my daily routine. At first, I found it difficult to juggle a Monday-to-Thursday schedule of homework and working out. I was really exhausted by the end of the week. With time, though, I got used to it and really started to notice the results. Not only did I gain in strength and endurance, I also noticed that my stress levels dropped. All my life, I have been told that physical activity is good for the brain, but it was only this fall that I realized how true that is. My daily 90-minutes workout became a sacred moment for me, even the night before an exam. Through my workouts, I really came to understand the value of physical activity, not just for the body, but for the mind as well. Since this was a very personal project, I don't really think other people gained from it. For me, though, I realized that I am quite a determined person when it comes to an activity that I enjoy. I can say that I accomplished my main objective , which was to get accustomed to a rigorous routine that I plan to continue. We hear all the time that it's important to eat well and exercise. Now I know just how true that is. This is now integrated into my routine and I hope it will remain so for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment